Calling all Churro lovers! Here’s a churro cupcakes recipe you’ll love recreating in your kitchen every single time. After all, what could be better than getting the chance to enjoy your favorite churro flavors in some easy to make cupcakes?
Disclaimer: Easy Desserts to Make is an Amazon Affiliate. If you use the links in this post and recipe to make a purchase, we make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Plus, these are topped with a heavenly cinnamon frosting which makes them taste out of the world! And after you’re done, you also get to experiment with so many different versions of toppings too!
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and give it a try!
Makes 24 cupcakes.
To get started you’ll need to get a few things together. From the pantry, we’ll use sugar, baking powder, baking soda, a bottle of salted caramel sauce, vanilla extract, cinnamon, powdered sugar, salt, and flour.
From the refrigerator, you’ll need eggs, heavy whipping cream, sour cream, and unsalted butter.
The kitchen tools you’ll need are a mixer, measuring spoons, two cupcake pans, a piping bag with a star tip, and a large mixing bowl.
And don’t forget the star of the party, fresh or frozen churros!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
In a standing mixer beat sugar and butter until creamed. Next, add egg and mix until fully mixed. Beat in the vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
Combine the heavy cream into the mixture and add the flour in, a little at a time. Mix in the creamy sour cream. Then we’ll spoon the batter about into the cupcake pan, filling them 3/4 the way full.
Bake in the oven for about 22 minutes or until the center of the cupcake comes out clean with a toothpick.
Cinnamon Frosting Directions:
While the cupcakes are baking, let’s make our amazing combine all ingredients into a standing mixer and mix on low speed until combined and stiff peaks form.
Scoop the frosting into the piping bag.
Melt the butter into a microwave-safe bowl. Then mix sugar and ground cinnamon in another bowl. Dip the top of each cupcake into the melted butter and then dip them into the cinnamon and sugar mix.
Frost the cupcakes with the cinnamon frosting, drizzle the top with slightly warmed caramel sauce, then top the cupcake with a piece of a churro.
Can’t get enough cinnamon sugar sweetness? Try this Cinnamon Coffee Crumb Cake with your coffee tomorrow morning!
Printable Churro Cupcakes Recipe
This easy to make churro cupcakes recipe is so much fun and makes a great finale for any meal.
Churro Cupcake Instructions:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 5 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
Cupcake Topping Ingredients:
- 1 cup Melted butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3 tbsp Ground cinnamon
- Fresh or frozen churros
Cinnamon Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 cups Unsalted sweet cream butter
- 5 cups Powder sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Bottle of Salted caramel sauce
- 1 Large piping bag fitted with star tip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with liners.
2. In a standing mixer beat sugar and butter until creamed.
3. Add egg and mix until fully incorporated.
4. Beat in vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
5. Combine the heavy cream into the mixture.
6. Add in flour, a little at a time.
7. Add in the sour cream.
8. Spoon batter about 3/4 full.
9. Bake in the oven for about 22 minutes or until the center of the
cupcake comes out clean with a toothpick.
Cinnamon Frosting Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients into a standing mixer and mix on low speed
until combined and stiff peaks form.
2. Scoop the frosting into the piping bag.
3. Melt 1 C of butter into a microwave-safe bowl.
4. Mix in 2 C of sugar and the 2 tbsp ground cinnamon into another bowl.
5. Dip the top of the cupcakes into the melted butter and then dip it
into the cinnamon and sugar mix.
6. Frost the cupcakes with the cinnamon frosting.
7. Drizzle caramel sauce and top with a churro.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 589Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 354mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 1gSugar: 68gProtein: 2g
To ensure the most accurate nutritional information, you should always make calculations based on the ingredients you use, using your preferred method, or consulting with a licensed nutritional expert.