Whether you’re in a festive mood or just looking to create some fun looking sweet treats for yourself, your kids, or family, these candy cane cupcakes are the perfect ones to try!
They are incredibly easy to make, need minimal time and effort in the kitchen, and look gorgeous too!
In fact, if you’re not so sure about your baking skills, or are trying to create some simple cupcakes that don’t need a lot of ingredients, these are the perfect choice.
Ready to try them out? Scroll down and keep reading to check out the easy peasy recipe!
Disclaimer: Easy Desserts to Make is an Amazon Affiliate. If you use the links in this post and recipe to make a purchase, we make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
- Cake box mix + ingredients to make one dozen cupcakes
- 4 oz. white fondant, divided
- Red gel food coloring
- ½ stick butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- ½ cup white sparkly sprinkles, poured into a bowl
Yields: One dozen cupcakes
Candy Cane Cupcakes Directions:
Bake cupcakes according to box’s directions and allow to cool completely.
As the cupcakes are cooling, prepare your fondant candy canes. Divide fondant in 2 2 oz. spheres. Color one red with your food coloring. Knead until completely tinted.
With each fondant color, shape out ½-inch spheres then roll them out into long strips.
Twist one white fondant strip with one red fondant strip. Roll it out until smooth and then shape it to look like a candy cane. Trim if necessary.
Using an electric or stand mixer, beat together butter, sugar, and milk on medium speed. Gradually increase the speed to high.
Using a frosting bag, frost each cooled cupcake and dip into the bowl of sprinkles.
Place one fondant candy cane on each cupcake and enjoy!
Printable Candy Cane Cupcake Recipe
Chocolate fans raise your hand! This easy Mint Oreo Bars recipe is not only filled with cookies but M&M candies too. It doesn't get much better than that!
- 2 cups Unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolk
- 4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 5 cups Flour
- 4 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Chocolate chips
- 2 cups Mint M&M’s
- 24 Mint Oreo cookies, chopped
- 1 9x13 baking dish lined with parchment paper
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a standing mixer, cream together the melted butter, sugar and brown sugar until combined.
3. Mix in the eggs and egg yolk one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
4. Mix in the vanilla.
5. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
6. Gradually stir dry ingredients into the wet until completely combined.
7. Mix in 1 ½ C chocolate chips, 1 ½ C M&M’s, and half of the chopped Oreos.
8. Spread the batter into the baking dish and top with remaining chocolate chips, M&Ms, and chopped Oreos.
9. Bake 40 minutes or until edges just begin to turn golden brown.
10. Allow them to cool before cutting and enjoying.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 616Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 481mgCarbohydrates: 85gFiber: 2gSugar: 54gProtein: 7g
To ensure the most accurate nutritional information, you should always make calculations based on the ingredients you use, using your preferred method, or consulting with a licensed nutritional expert.