All set to celebrate Independence Day? While barbeque and potato salad are usually on the menu, dessert lovers know these 4th of July cupcakes are where it’s at!
Disclaimer: Easy Desserts to Make is an Amazon Affiliate. If you use the links in this post and recipe to make a purchase, we make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
You might have all the food ideas ready and the recipes bookmarked, but if you’re still wondering what to do about dessert, we’re here to help with this easy to make patriotic recipe.
This is a super easy yet deliciously dreamy 4th of July cupcakes recipe to try out! They need just 10 minutes of prep time, and around 15 minutes of cooking time- they’re that easy!
Red, White, and Blue 4th of July Cupcakes
- 1 box (15.25 oz) white cake mix
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature **see tip below
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup vegetable or canola oil
- Red and blue food coloring
- Frosting, your favorite
Directions for 4th of July cupcakes:
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and add colorful cupcake liners to your cupcake pan. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cake mix, egg whites, buttermilk, and oil.
You can also use whole eggs, the batter will be a little more yellow.
Mix until completely smooth, then divide the batter into three small bowls.
Use food coloring to add color to each batter bowl to achieve the multicolored 4th of July red, white, and blue look.
Transfer batter to three disposable decorator bags to make it easier to fill cupcake liners with the Independence Day colored batter.
Next, you’ll squeeze equal amounts of each color of batter into cupcake liners. This step is usually easier if you have a couple of extra hands, so grab a buddy to help squeeze the batter into the cupcake pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Then cool completely on a wire rack.
Decorate your red, white, and blue cupcakes with a frosting of your choice, and add sprinkles or other decorations to really make them festive!
These festive Independence Day cupcakes are great for your 4th of July celebration, but you’ll also want to serve this red, white, and blue cheesecake! It’s a rich and creamy option your guests will love!
Printable 4th of July Cupcakes Recipe
Time to celebrate Independence Day by treating your tastebuds to a little something sweet! Here's a quick and easy 4th of July cupcakes recipe to try!
- 1 Box (15.25 oz) white cake mix
- 4 Large egg whites, room temperature **see tip below
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- ⅓ cup Vegetable or canola oil
- Red and blue food coloring
- Frosting of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and add cupcake liners to the pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cake mix, egg whites, buttermilk, and oil.
3. Mix until completely smooth.
4. Divide batter into 3 bowls, you should have about 1 ¼ cups of batter in each bowl.
5. Color one with red food coloring and one with blue food coloring.
6. Transfer batter to disposable decorator bags to make it easier to fill cupcakes.
7. Squeeze equal amounts of each color of batter into cupcake liners.
8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Cool completely on a wire rack.
10. Decorate with the frosting of your choice, and add sprinkles or other festive Fourth of July decorations.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
To ensure the most accurate nutritional information, you should always make calculations based on the ingredients you use, using your preferred method, or consulting with a licensed nutritional expert.